30 Day Photo Challenge #2


The instructions for the 30 Day Photo Challenge were to take 30 photos that related to the 30 prompts given. This is not the first 30 Day Photo Challenge I have done, so be sure to check out my first challenge from a couple of months ago. I'm doing something new with this one- I'm adding a short explanation/random comment after each photo to make the post a bit more interesting. Enjoy!



Day 1: Favorite Food
I really, really love oatmeal, but oatmeal looks like gross gray mush; instead, I took a photo of some home-made granola (because it's made of oats) fresh out of the oven.



Day 2: Smile
Here is a picture of my mom, because I could not get my brother to stay still and make a nice face (he kept on sticking out his tongue).



Day 3: Happiness
A smiley (drawn by yours truly).



Day 4: Leaves
These are the leaves from a pretty-looking vine in my backyard. It's pretty old but hasn't grown that fast.



Day 5: Morning Sky
Dang, it was cold when I went outside to take this picture! My socks also got wet because I had to stand on the soggy street (and I was too lazy to put on shoes).



Day 6: Books
Just a cool shot of some cookbooks on a shelf. I really like how they get blurry as they are farther away.


Day 7: Something Funny
This is my brother Julian being strange in Vons. I looked up what that weird fruit that he's holding is, and it's called a "Buddha's hand" and it's kind of like a lemon.




Day 8: Favorite Color
The lighting in this picture is really cool because the shadow starts just when the flowers end.



Day 9: Inspiring Person
I couldn't think of how I could get a picture of an inspiring person, and as I walked around school aimlessly, I saw this and thought, "Well, Thurgood Marshall is inspiring". And that is why this picture happened.



Day 10: Nature
This is a picture of some lemon thyme in the garden in my backyard (it smells really good).



Day 11: Something Old
A watering can that I found in my garage. I'm not sure how old it is, but it was really dusty and so I assumed that it must be old.



Day 12: Hair
My friend Michaela did not want to be in any pictures, so it was hard to get this picture of her beautiful blonde hair. She kept on trying to hide, so I snapped this when she wasn't looking.



Day 13: Written Words
Some math homework, close up. If you look closely you might recognize an exponential function.



Day 14: Movement
Julian was trying to hide his face, but I managed to get a pretty cool picture for "movement" out of it.



Day 15: Leading Lines
I really like how the graceful lines on the succulent lead your eye to the center.



Day 16: Symmetry and Patterns
I had to lay on the floor to take this low-perspective picture of curtains. It's cool how the folds are almost perfectly symmetrical.



Day 17: Framing
It rained on me when I took this picture and I got really wet, but I protected the camera over myself because it wasn't mine (it belongs to my dad).


Day 18: Depth of Field
I was looking out in my front yard for things to take pictures of, and I saw this plant which was really bizarre-looking. I couldn't believe I hadn't noticed it before and quickly took a photo. I have no idea what it's called, so apologies.




Day 19: Rule of Thirds
This could have worked for depth of field, but I think that the vibrant purple daisy is almost perfectly on one of the vertical thirds lines. The water droplets were really sparkly and pretty, but for some reason the sparkles don't show in the photo.




Day 20: Best Friend
I can never seem to get people to look at me. Don't ask why she was squatting in a patch of flowers, just know that this mini-meadow is actually located in the back of school!



Day 21: Where you Sleep
An example of how my cat Mattie has taken over my life. She is sitting on the 30 Day Photo Challenge paper and crumpled it beyond repair.



Day 22: In Your Closet
Clothes.



Day 23: Gratitude
I'm grateful for a lot of things, but I am really grateful that I have a nice, warm house (or just a roof over my head) because too many people are not fortunate enough to have that.



Day 24: Something New
This will eventually bloom into a daffodil. One time, my mom went and put bulbs in random places all over my perfectly ordered vegetable garden and I got mad. They just started popping up in the past couple of weeks and messed up the perfect symmetry of my garden (don't feel too bad, I'm sure I'll get over it.... somehow).



Day 25: Animals
Another picture of my cat Mattie because she is so lazy and still that she makes a perfect picture subject. I actually have another cat named Juno but she doesn't look that good in pictures.



Day 26: Worm's Eye View of Trees
I had to lie down in the dirt to take this picture. I hope ants didn't crawl in my hair.



Day 27: Artwork
I found this picture of parrots I drew a while ago just lying on the counter (no idea why it was there, but I just had to take a picture).



Day 28: Daily Routine
Every day after school, I have a cup of raspberry tea (decaf, of course. I want to sleep!) to relax after a stressful day. On the weekends, I just drink tea at random times.



Day 29: Nighttime
Although this looks like I'm in the forest, I'm not. The neighbors across the street just have a bunch of redwood trees in their front lawn.



Day 30: Light
Last one, I promise. I really liked how the light from the camera flash lit up my fingers and cast some shiny spots on the mirror (look to the left side of the picture).

Comments

Popular Posts

Colorize an Ansel Adams Photograph

Digital Painting of Choice: Sketchbook Pro

Contour/Collage Portrait